Friday, March 16, 2007

AT LAST! INTERNET!

okay, I know that I have been promising for ages, but FINALLY Nathan and I have an internet connection at home.

You don't know how much of a ordeal this was....internet was my planned life line to keep in touch with all of you, so to be limited to sneaking it in atwork was killing me.

Let me just say, there are some customer service issues here. I don't know whether its our provider, all internet providers or customer service in general but WOW.

We ordered DSL from Dodo at the end of January. They said we couldn't get it until we got phone service. It took 10 days to get phone service. After we got phone service, Nathan spent almost 30 minutes on hold to order DSL, they said they had to test the line. If it was okay they would install it in 2-4 weeks (!). After 4 weeks, (45 minutes on hold) we called and they couldn't find the order. I placed the order we got the modem within 10 days, but no supplementary documentation (such as how to set it up or what our user id etc would be to do security. 3 more times 30-45 minute sessions on hold. So, we figure to get online it has taken 6 weeks and at least 6 hours of personal time. We could have written you all letters and sent them by post and been faster than this!

But, we are hoping that they will be reasonable from here on out. Believe me you'll here about it if they aren't!

3 comments:

Elwood said...

Sweet! Are there new e-mail addresses to go with the DSL, or will you continue to use the peterinarian/gmail addresses?

I'll be looking into Skype now for the house.

Nathan said...

we are on skype...send an email with a time and we'll coordinate a chat!

p.s. until dodo proves itself to us we aren't changing any emails!

Reb said...

My dear friends! It's Rebecca in Minnesota! I've been viewing your blog and trying to go back and get all caught up on how things are going! I fur sure need to visit! Hope you are both doing well and I'll send you much much longer emails to catch up and hear more about how it is to be an Aussie!

Love,
Reb