Monday, July 6, 2009

Back in Oz!

Nathan and I are once again living together. Since my dad's death, Nathan and I have been in separate hemispheres (with the exception of 1 week in CA where we crossed paths). Nathan flew to MN on the 25th to be with me for my Dad's funeral, then flew back to Australia on the 6th May. My bosses (John & Vicky) were so understanding, they let me stay in MN until our planned vacation on the 7th June. During that time, I got to spend some great time with my family.

Mom and I spent some wonderful time together, always talking... We went walking with her friends, out for lunches, shopping, did cross-word puzzles, and somehow never quite got to the list of "to-do" projects that were waiting. Julie, Mom and I went to Rochester for a weekend, had dinner at Brian & Jens, went to Andy's wedding with Cory & Mom, celebrated my birthday with a girls dinner. Cory and I got to hang out and talk about everything from music to medieval weapons, despite the teasing he took about the moustache. I got to watch Sam's dance recital, Owen's gingerbread man & birthday party, go to a movie with Spencer, and hold baby Kaitlyn again.

My friends were all so amazing....Jaymi picked me up from the airport when I was exhausted, Connie came down and spent the night listening to me sob, Donna drove down to see me, I saw Sara (Snuggles) for lunch. Hilary flew from Pittsburgh to help me find some laughter when I needed it (proving you are never too old for the swings!)

I finished my time in MN with a couple of days of just Mom, Julie, Alan, Brian, Cory & I. We made a few decisions, went out for lunch, played a "fiercely competitive" game of golf,
then headed home for a BBQ and planting a tree in Dad's memory. Everyone had to shovel a little, and with a big family like ours we had to put a little dirt back in at the end.

Alan & I flew together to CA, on the 7th June. We were able to arrange it so we could fly together. We had Saturday together just Alan and I which was nice to have some time just the 2 of us. After a great breakfast, Alan talked me into go for a bike ride in the hills near his house. Even though we went the "short, easy way" the ride took its toll on me!

That night we had dinner with Alan, Masami and the boys. We finished it off with some 6 handed cribbage, which left Alan promising revenge. The next morning, Alan had to fly to Japan and I rode with him to the airport to meet Nathan.....

2 comments:

Elwood said...

That's just the regular "Goin' to the Airport" car. You should see the "Sunny Weekends and Holidays" one. :)

Glad to hear that things are beginning to get back to normal.

Loren said...

Been reading your last two entries. Thanks for the family history and to know you are back in Perth.

Nice car ride? When we show up we get the same car?

Still working on itinerary with travel agent but plan on us late March. When we have latest we will send to you.