Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nathan Vs. The Puck

Kris has been trying to get me to re-enact my last trip to the US, and the misadventures of an episode of my life which we will think of as Nathan Vs. United Airlines, but it is actually fairly boring. A standard litany of airline ills, any one or two of which you may well expect on a trip, but ALL of which occurred on the trip from Perth to SFO. So, start with the phrase, "We're sorry Mr. Mannix, but you don't actually have a ticket..." being uttered at 5:30 AM, and use your imagination from there.

No, I like to focus on the other painful things in my life.

So, before you have a look at the photo below, you need to know 3 things;

1) I don't bruise. Ever. I have had one slight bruise in the last 5 years, and that was a broken finger.
2) I am very shy, so it is rare that you will ever see my bare flesh on the internet.
and,
3) It is very difficult to capture bruises on camera. You get the general sense of contrast, but it is difficult to highlight the halo of sickly, yellow discoloration around the main bruise.

So, without further delay...


It is worth noting that I don't play in a hugely competitive league or anything, and this is from the kick-around session on Monday nights.

damn - I should have flexed.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Wicked bruise mate! In a totally unrelated question, I am trying to remember my ideas for corpse Bride, the musical. Didn't I send you some emails or something? If so please send them back otherwise I'll just start from scratch. I am finally going to do it and you are going to compose some music. Lets get to it!!!!!

Dave

Eric said...

Holy mackerel! Did it catch you between pads, or are you too manly for anything but a chest protector and leg pads?

BTW, I highly recommend doing a YouTube project the way that guy did when he looked out the window of the airplane and saw the baggage "handlers" demolishing his prized guitar right there on the tarmac. First thought in my head was riffing off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: "But you do not have a ticket! But you do not have a ticket!!!"

And, yeah, I think United deserves it. Boy, do they ever. What a pain in the a$$ to fly them. Does it really need to take 45 minutes for my checked luggage to make it from the plane to the pickup carousel in an airport that rarely if ever operates at more than half capacity?! However, in Pittsburgh you rarely have a real choice, which is funny because a few years ago the city made millions of dollars' worth of upgrades to the airport here to make it a better hub for United, and they went and moved their hub to Charlotte or something. Freaking weasels. Horrible. They actually make me miss Northwest sometimes.

Elwood said...

Ow.

Aqua Chiffon said...

Impressive. Did you name it?

JackH said...

Nathan

I got hit by a car on my bicycle and got one just like that.

And a 2000 quid pay out.

Hur hur hur.