Monday, January 8, 2007

No Snakes (so far...)

Well, it's been 6 days, and no sign so far of poisonous snakes, ticks, spiders, octopi, shells, scorpions, crocodiles, jellyfish, or sharks (except for at dinner -- capet shark is yuuuummmy). I am a little disappointed, and I'm sure Kris would be disappointed, too, if she would come out of her tinted bubble.
The struggle to rent a house goes on. More on that when I'm feeling more charitable towards the real estate system here. For once, though, it is not our indecision holding up the process, but rather an inability to actually view any properties.
Other than that, things are great. 91 degrees, and so sunny that I got a sunburn in 15 minutes at 9AM. Heeellllloooo melanoma!
I'm going to step aside, while Kris adds a photo or two, but there will be more, and more regularly, when we don't have to buy our internet time in 30 minute chunks.
(tomorrow is Kris' first day at work -- wish her luck!)

3 comments:

Jaymi said...

Hello! Thrilled to hear you made it to Perth (though not without its challenges... ) Let me know when you have regular internet - I can't wait to talk to you again! I promise, I'll compose a long email soon and update you...

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh i missed the day - Hope your first day at work was encouraging, Kris! And good luck on the rental....I'll email about the "car show" this weekend! Gretchen

Unknown said...

And I'm sure your day with snakes will come