Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Digs



Well, it may be a new world record -- perhaps a new galactic record.

4 and 1/2 hours.

That was the total amount of time that it took us to move.
This morning, at 9:15, we picked up the moving truck. At that point, I would like the people at Guiness World Records to note that we had not packed...anything.
This afternoon at 2:45 we returned the truck. That even includes a stop to fill the tank with diesel. I have practically dislocated my shoulder patting myself on the back.
I also practically dislocated my shoulder carrying the mattress, climbing over the bed frames, and hauling one of the world's heaviest privately owned dining room tables.
All of this was made possible through the understanding, willingness to help, and strong back of our friend Kirk, here from Rochester just in time to help us move. In fact, it is on his computer that i type this update, since he chronicled the event and has most of the photos.
So...without further ado...

Our new home!

4 comments:

Aqua Chiffon said...

This does not surprise me at all having seen you pack a box and load a truck in person...several times.

Dig the new digs!

Anonymous said...

congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Usted hace muy bien. Felicitaciones.

Unknown said...

I think I remember that street! I have reread your other holiday postings - I have made a New Year Resolution to read blogs regularly - I think I'm just of the old school and forget that email is not the only method to communicate on the net. Change comes hard to old people. I have moved about 50 times - never in 41/2 hours. Think I'll send a plaque.