Saturday, December 22, 2007

Someone's out there!

Hey--the power of google strikes again.

Blogging is kind of weird. Its this diary, where you tell NO ONE (specifically) about your life, but have to be circumspect about what you say because ANYONE can read it. It's been great to get comments from friends and relatives that have been reading--periodically getting our random thoughts on life in Australia. But, when friends' post--its not interactive, I can't easily comment on what they say...even though I want it to be a conversation. I had begun wondering if just doing a periodic mass email to my friends would make more sense, at least then I could respond quickly when someone puts up a smart aleck comment about my spelling, or is awestruck by the size of the mighty koala. AND, it would probably be easier for them to keep up to date.

AND then...the internet does its magic.

Out of the blue, we are contacted by old friends. Jess and Ellis--googling us for our overseas address they came across the blog. I've tried searching to see if they have a blog, but all I get for those 2 are publications (since they are biochemistry professors). Jess was my college roommate at Gustavus (a genius), somehow we lost touch while she was living in California, exchanging Christmas letters for an annual update. It feels good to know that she is able to look across this whole year and see what's been happening. I guess it makes me feel connected to all of you just a little bit more.

Anyway, thanks for reading this every now and then. Kristin

No comments: